Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Yoga & Stretching, good for the arteries?

A recent medical study claims that the arteries of flexible people (who can easily touch their toes when they sit on the ground with their legs stretched out), are in better health than those of less flexible people.

While we wait for further studies to either prove or reject this discovery, it can't hurt to do a little stretching and keep a balanced diet :) - you can find simple yoga exercises at LeBootCamp :)


Breakfast: carrot salad + 1 tortilla with soy cheese

30 min walk

Lunch: carrot salad + 1 tortilla with soy cheese + 1 banana...if you're wondering why I repeated my breakfast menu, it is simply because I wanted it, and if what I want is healthy, why shouldn't I listen to my body?

A well-deserved rest

1h of intense stretching (because of the study :)

Snack 1: 1 small handful of raw crackers with honey
45 min walk
Snack 2: 1 small biscotti + 4 squares of chocolate with my tea at Starbucks

30 min walk before dinner

Light dinner because it was quite late: 1 bowl of homemade soup + 2 tbsp of carrot salad + 1 baby Snickers bar for a sweet ending

No comments:

Post a Comment