Thursday, July 16, 2009

Very productive trip to NY and mystery photograph

Who is that with me on the picture above?

How I love the airline Virgin America!... spanking new aircrafts, which, in the context of recurring inc/accidents, is rather reassuring... charming crews, inboard entertainment worthy of its name, great comfort!

My days in NY city are very active... I decide to (hardly) not take taxis and tear down New York's blocks on foot... 1 block = 1 minute in average... the first day I walk 60x2 blocks (ie. there and back) that I walk down and up again... my hotel being on central park, and most of my meetings in SoHo/Chelsea/the City, I am planning a lot of up and down block cruising...

In the morning, admiring the stunning view out of my bedroom, I do abs, at least 100 to stay firm + floor press-ups (at least 20, more if on form) and buttock exercises...

On the food side, New Yorkers are slimmer and that's normal... indeed, compared to San Francisco, portions are smaller, bread and olive oil to dip and nibble in waiting for ones order are rarely served... In short, with the help of lighter menus and block to block striding, it is easier to stay slim here... not to mention that staying on the 36th floor of a gorgeous hotel, I get the impression that the breakfast is coming up on foot so I avoid it and fall back on my favorite raw bars I always cart around.

Some lovely visits to Soho House, the private club that starred in Sex In the City with its swimming pools on the roof... a very agreeable moment with some fantastic people.

Many big projects are coming to fruition in the next few weeks, we are all a bit tense but its not only normal but also good that way... we might even miss that feeling when all will be up and running, but its for our own good and that of the bootcampers...

I am back home now...

Life is good under the Californian sun... I listen to the latest Dan Black record, a talented British musician and I am a fan

No comments:

Post a Comment